Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) forms an integral part of the Numetric Terms of Service between you and Numetric, Inc. (the “Company”) that govern your use of Company software and the services. Capitalized terms used but not defined below, shall have the meaning set forth in the Numetric Terms of Service. If you do not agree to this AUP, do not use any of Company Software or the Services.
You may not use Company Software or the Services to engage in, foster, or promote the following behavior:
- Any illegal activity
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Company, or the Company’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of Company Software or the Services or to breach the Company’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without the Company’s express written consent.
You may not publish or transmit via Company Software or the Services any content or links to any content that:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or createsan imminent risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- knowingly improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- knowingly infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or servicemark, patent or other property right;
- is intended to promote illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise known to be illegal or solicits conduct that is known to be illegal under laws applicable to you or to the Company;
- or is otherwise malicious or fraudulent
You may not use Company Software or the Services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- or you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner;
- or you come within the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) “safe harbor” under United States copyright law.
It is the Company’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the services of customers who are repeat infringers.